The State of Minnesota and the Brooklyn Center Community Center are, at the time this was published, allowing Rapids Riders to have a pool session this Sunday Jan 17th.
Information here is subject to change at any time. We will do our best to update this page as quickly as possible. This page is the official source of information about pool events.
Important! The state of MN and the Brooklyn Center Community Center requires that all individuals, except for members of the same household, keep a separation of NINE FEET at all times. Our continued use of the pool this winter is dependent on ALL individuals abiding by this rule at all times.
- Social distancing applies both in and out of the water and includes:
- When lining up up to enter the building.
- When getting ready on the pool deck.
- When leaving the pool and exiting the building.
Please be patient with us and other participants as we figure out how to best implement this requirement. Here's what you need to know and consider.
- Wear a face mask at any time not in the water
- Side doors will be unlocked around 4:55 p.m. and check in will begin at 4:50. Start lining up at that time.
- While maintaining social distancing, provide your name to the check-in person and wait for permission and instructions to enter.
- Be prepared to handle your boat without help when entering and exiting.
- When entering and exiting, you, your boat, and your gear must be 9 feet from any other person.
- Social distancing must be maintained even while moving around on the pool deck.
- The first boaters in will be directed to go to the far corner of the pool.
- Please do not use the north side pool deck as a staging area when you enter. (North pool deck is the one leading from the doors to the locker rooms.) Let's keep it clear of boats and gear if at all possible. It may be the appropriate deck to use as the "take out" though.
- Consider leaving early to space yourself from others.
- Have fun.
The Community Center has closed the main locker rooms. However, the “All Gender” bathrooms are available. This probably means that you should plan on arriving dressed "pool ready" and leaving wet.
This page is where you can preregister for pool events. You can sign up if there is a button below all this text near the bottom of this page. No button? Then either registration is full for the week or there is no pool session happening.
We will only offer registration for a pool session during the week of the session. Typically, registration will open on Monday of that week, but these are uncertain times and it might not open until later in the week - or not at all.
Registration will remain open until a predetermined number of people have registered or until 5:00 pm on pool Sunday. The number offered may change weekly. The maximum occupancy will not exceed 25 people. One boat per person.
You can only register for and purchase one admission "ticket" at a time. In other words, it is not possible to sign up for multiple weeks or more than one person at a time.
The names of registered individuals for the current pool event will appear on this page. (Below the button) Being on the list is your "ticket" for admission. If you purchase a "ticket" and your name does not appear (in a few minutes) please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate. If your purchase a slot very close to start time and your name doesn't appear then be prepared to show the receipt that PayPal will email you.
There are several changes in how pool sessions will work. Here are the things you need to know.
• Preregistration will be required which will be accomplished by using this web page.
• Registration for pool sessions is done on a week-by-week basis.
• If there is no button then we are not preregistering for that week at that time.
• Payment must be made during the online registration.
• The cost is the same as in the past - $10.
• Absolutely no refunds and no substitutions.
• Payment (in any form) will not be accepted at the door.
• If you show up and are not registered you will not be admitted.
• Pool polo is not allowed.
• The number of participants will be strictly limited and may vary week to week.
• Door opens at 5:00pm.
• No entry allowed into the pool area after 5:30 pm.
• Your boat must be clean and free of debris
People signed up for Jan 17, 2021 Pool Session